Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Kashmir's Nageen Lake has got a new look following the construction of a state of the art Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), and due to a cleanliness drive that has attracted tourists and received applause from locals. The Lakes and Waterways Development Authority (LAWDA) constructed the STP which has a capacity to treat 5.4 million litres of sewage per day. Saqib, a resident, appreciated the state ...
May 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM ET You really took our breath away and touched us this week with your excellent pictures capturing the spirit of AMERICANA. From shore to shore, field to flag, and all the inspiring and awesome places and smiles in-between, you showed what's great about these states united.Next week's photo assignment: NATIONAL PARKS!The U.S. government is sponsoring an amateur ...
Travel writer Brian Berusch gives an overview of each Hawaiian island to help you decide which is the best fit for your next trip to the Aloha State. Summer vacationers can find a range of activities in the Aloha state, from volcano tours to culinary gems to whale watching. But where does one go in the archipelago? Discover the best spots that Hawaii has to offer with these island trip ...
Emergency personnel work at the scene where two Metro North commuter trains collided, Friday, May 17, 2013 near Fairfield, Conn. Traffic in southwest Connecticut could be a mess for as much as a week until service is restored to the commuter rail line affected by a derailment that injured scores of passengers, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy warned Sunday. Malloy used dire language to describe traffic ...
A lot of bodies get hit by a lot of bullets in movies these days. And a lot of those movies don't take much time to contemplate what it means to be struck by a bullet--the violence of the impact beyond the immediate visceral excitement experienced by an audience watching at a safe distance in the movie theater. ...
After her trip to Thailand, Megan Winfield's Facebook wall was full of pictures like this one of the idyllic beach they visited. There were no photos or mention of her fever, or how much her family wanted to get off the island and back into air conditioned surroundings. Not only do people edit their vacation photos they post on Facebook -- selecting the ones of the best experiences, a ...
A man has set a new world record after riding a Ferris wheel for just over 48 hours. Clinton Shepherd's world has finally stopped spinning.The 32-year-old operations manger at ...
Airstream2Go.com offers the first-ever rentals of the distinctive "silver bullets" that have been icons of the highway for more than 80 years."Everybody recognizes them," said Al Hesselbart, historian at the Recreational Vehicle Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Ind. "If it's a bright aluminum trailer with rounded curves, it's got to be an ...
ST. LOUIS (KSDK) - When you walk into a hotel, the first thing you do is go to the front desk, get your keys, and go to your room. But the front desk may not be staying for long. At the St. Louis Airport Marriott, they're in the process of getting rid of the front desk. The reason is because it's big and some hotels believe it's a barrier between guests and employees. So, the ...
New York To avoid the wrath of Washington, D.C., residents, always stand to the right on the escalators in its underground Metro system.In San Francisco, don't attempt to jump on a BART train as the doors are closing. They lack sensors to make them reopen. New York's crowded subway cars can get hot. Wise riders carry water. And when using Seattle mass transit, including the South Lake ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Mexico StarMexico Star – Independent Online News Service
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Mexico Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Mexican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Mexican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Mexico news, the weather forecast for Mexico you'll find it all in the Mexico Star.
From Tijuana to Mexico City, the Mexico Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Paulina Rubio will join the panel of judges for the popular Fox television show "The X Factor" next season, the Mexican singer's representative announced Tuesday.
Rubio will join the judging panel - which includes show creator Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child and Disney star Demi Lovato - during the musical contest show's third season.
"I love 'The X Factor'! I can't wait to find the next big music star here in America," added Rubio. "I'm so thrilled to be part of the show as a judge. Simon, be careful what you wish for, let's see if you are ready to handle me, empieza la fiesta, amigo (trans: the party begins)!," said Rubio in a communique.
Rubio has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide.
The Mexican singer is already one of the judges - along with singers Prince Royce and Roberto Tapia - on Telemundo's "La Voz Kids" program, which was inspired by the success of NBC's "The Voice".
According to production figures for the program, which is broadcast in 191 countries, the artists discovered during the contest have sold - in all - more than 100 million albums around the world.
- Mexican firm to acquire US wireless operator
- Family of B.C. man missing in Mexico frustrated with police probe
- Mexico launches military push in Michoacan
- Mexicans lose all hope in their impotent authorities
- Chinas President to Visit Mexico
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Factbox Apple Amazon Google and tax avoidance schemes
- UPDATE 3-Staples results miss estimates on overseas weakness
- Lanworth sees world wheat production below USDA view
- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior wrong
- UPDATE 1-CW grows less confident over sale of Monaco business
- US singer sues McDonalds over piece of glass in chicken sandwich
- Kanye West has been pushing me to return to music says Will Smith
- Amy Winehouse foundation raises 1.9 mn pounds annually
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Indian film festival to be held in Seoul
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Researchers identify anti-cancer amino acid fragment
- Grapefruit nanoparticles can deliver anti-cancer drug Study
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Michael Douglas fights back tears at Cannes
- Globe Editorial Canada should lift outdated visa restrictions on ANC members
- Soderberghs Liberace Behind The Candelabra
- Editorial Mandel a hard act to follow
- My Secret to Boost Student Performance
- Russia Declares New Cold War in Its Far North
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Mexico Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Mexican firm to acquire US wireless operator
- Mexican Retail Sales Unexpectedly Fall for Second Month in a Row
- Sugar prices risk further decline as China eyes import curbs
- UPDATE 1-US not respecting WTO ruling on meat labeling -Mexico