The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has hinted that an investigation could be launched into unaccounted revenues generated by the federation from World Cup 2006. President of the TTFF Raymond Tim Kee announced Tuesday that a probe is being considered during a press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, reports CMC. "From our understanding, TTFF is very much a part of ...
President Vladimir Putin has criticised the state-owned United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) for delay in delivery of warships to the Russian Navy and demanded the shipbuilders to improve efficiency. Established in 2007, the USC is the country's largest shipbuilding and ship repair company. "Problems still remain with deadlines and the quality of implementation of orders, including defence ...
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) — Bahrain's Interior Ministry says an Iranian drone has been found in the strategic Gulf kingdom that hosts the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet.The statement Wednesday gave no other details. Bahrain has repeatedly accused Shiite Iran of encouraging the more than 2-year-long uprising in Bahrain by its majority Shiites. Iran denies it has any direct role.Iran has ...
Ex-Niger Delta militants recruited by President Goodluck Jonathan stormed the entrance into the rivers' state government house today to demand the resignation of Governor Rotimi Amaechi from office. The militants wearing colorful T-shirts, drums and wirlding sticks were largely peaceful even though sources close to the state government said several of them carried concealed weapons as ...
Islamabad: In a significant move, China today signed a pact with Pakistan which will connect the latter's strategically important port of Gwadar to it via rail, road and air routes. The crucial deal was inked during Chinese Premier Li Keqiang's visit to Islamabad today.China had taken over operations at the port earlier this year, a move that had upset India.Once complete, the port, ...
A lot of bodies get hit by a lot of bullets in movies these days. And a lot of those movies don't take much time to contemplate what it means to be struck by a bullet--the violence of the impact beyond the immediate visceral excitement experienced by an audience watching at a safe distance in the movie theater. ...
Wed May 22, 2013 1:12pm EDT * Maine pipeline plan hinges on flows to Montreal * Recent spills inflame Canadian oil debate * Towns oppose oil sands, line passes through tourist zone By Dave Sherwood SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine, May 22 (Reuters) - The little-known operator of a pipeline linking Montreal and Maine is studying how to make the line the first route to get Canadian oil sands crude to an ...
announcement of its first quarter earnings on Thursday, May 23, 2013, analysts have become more bullish as expectations have improved over the past month from 28 cents per share to the current projection of earnings of 30 cents per share. Current Wall Street estimates reflect a 33.3% decline from the year-ago quarter, when the company reported earnings of 45 cents per share. The consensus ...
Europe's busiest port of Rotterdam opened a multi-billion euro extension on Wednesday, with wider and deeper basins to accomodate the world's biggest freight ships. The Maasvlakte 2 project is the largest feat of Dutch maritime engineering in decades and is forecast to only reach full completion in 20 years. The initial stage of the extension has been completed at a cost of 1.55 ...
The captain of the Costa Concordia cruise ship will go on trial from July 9 for manslaughter over the January 2012 disaster in which 32 people lost their lives, an Italian judge ruled on ...
The Air Force has picked Pease Air National Guard Base in Portsmouth, N.H., as its top location for the new KC-46A tanker. (Credit: U.S. Air Force graphic/Corey ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Mexico StarMexico Star – Independent Online News Service
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Mexico Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Mexican news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Mexican news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Mexico news, the weather forecast for Mexico you'll find it all in the Mexico Star.
From Tijuana to Mexico City, the Mexico Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Paulina Rubio will join the panel of judges for the popular Fox television show "The X Factor" next season, the Mexican singer's representative announced Tuesday.
Rubio will join the judging panel - which includes show creator Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child and Disney star Demi Lovato - during the musical contest show's third season.
"I love 'The X Factor'! I can't wait to find the next big music star here in America," added Rubio. "I'm so thrilled to be part of the show as a judge. Simon, be careful what you wish for, let's see if you are ready to handle me, empieza la fiesta, amigo (trans: the party begins)!," said Rubio in a communique.
Rubio has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide.
The Mexican singer is already one of the judges - along with singers Prince Royce and Roberto Tapia - on Telemundo's "La Voz Kids" program, which was inspired by the success of NBC's "The Voice".
According to production figures for the program, which is broadcast in 191 countries, the artists discovered during the contest have sold - in all - more than 100 million albums around the world.
- Mexican firm to acquire US wireless operator
- UPDATE 2-Mexicos Homex says some creditors could seek early payment
- The Hangover Mexico ETFs Drop After Cinco de Mayo
- Mexicos Homex says arguably in default on some debt
- Mexico stocks rise after Bernanke hints at steady stimulus
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Six Afghan policemen killed in Herat bombing
- Genocide conviction of former Guatemala dictator overturned
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Google Top Charts show worlds searches for whiskey more
- EU leaders talk tough on tackling Amazon Google over taxes
- Newsweeks All-Digital Relaunch Includes Ad Sponsorship Plan
- Foursquare gets better at local search with new filters on mobile
- Twitter lets advertisers collect contact info from tweets
- US singer sues McDonalds over piece of glass in chicken sandwich
- Kanye West has been pushing me to return to music says Will Smith
- Amy Winehouse foundation raises 1.9 mn pounds annually
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Indian film festival to be held in Seoul
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- Researchers identify anti-cancer amino acid fragment
- Grapefruit nanoparticles can deliver anti-cancer drug Study
- Azad meets US Health Secretary Sebelius
- Michael Douglas fights back tears at Cannes
- Trinindad Football hints at probe to uncover missing funds
- Putin calls for fast naval deliveries
- Iranian drone found at site of US Navy fleet
- PHOTONEWSEx- Militants Storm Port Harcourt To Demand Amaechis Resignation
- Pakistans Gwadar port to be connected to China via road rail and air
- Florida has a chance to get mandatory youth sentencing right — next time
- Op-Ed Contributors When America Stops Importing Energy
- Arrested Development Leads The Charge For Old Brands In New Media
- Lets Get Creative And Redefine The Meaning Of Religion
- Letters Internet sales tax the consumers last word
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Mexico Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Mexican firm to acquire US wireless operator
- Exclusive Mexico sees mine industry investment through 2018 at ...
- UPDATE 2-Mexicos Homex says some creditors could seek early ...
- Viva Mexican Grill in Wayland fails alcohol compliance check